Pen-y-Fan, A-Z of wind street and Lake District Trip

uwshiking uwshiking at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Mar 9 11:17:47 GMT 2004

Greetings!

This Sunday March 14th, we're off to Pen-y-Fan, (note the change to the walks programme), as this amazing walk got cancelled back in February, and we thought you'd like another chance! So, this is a C walk, and one of the best in my opinion. A vigourous climb to the top of the highest peak in the Brecon Beacons is well rewarded with stonking views, and a rather fantastic pub at the end (as long as you watch out for the landlady!). Costing just £3.50, this is one not to be missed if you're up for a challenge!

Also this week, the (almost) famous A-Z of wind street, the traditional wind street pub crawl, with a hiking club twist! Starting at A, the aim is to drink a drink starting with each letter of the alphabet, and see how far you can get! We'll have a list of suggestions to get you started, though Q and X are still a work in progress (have a look at the message board on the website for a few ideas!). So, meet us on Wednesday at 8.00pm in Walkabout, and we'll make our way down wind street, with at least some people ending up in Barons afterwards!

This week is your chance to sign up for the Lake District easter trip, when we take advantage of the holidays to go a bit further, and have a long weekend away. We'll leave Swansea on Monday 22nd March and return Thursday 25th March (that's the first week of the holiday), giving us two full days walking. The trip is graded C, and will cost £35 (as we're away for 3 nights). We need to know numbers asap, sign ups this week, and we'll need a £5 deposit by Friday to secure your place. If you can't make it, send an email, and we can sort it out.

Lastly, its the time of year again when you can get your hands on your very own Hiking Club t-shirt! The ultimate souvenir of your year of Hiking, and a bargain at £5! Available in 4 sizes and 3 colours, order yours at any club event, at the latest by the end of next week (before Easter holidays), and pick them up after the break. If you're leaving before then, don't worry, we can post yours to you!

OK, that's all folks, see you around,
Sarah :)