Chedder Gorge and a an Exciting New Competition!

uwshiking uwshiking at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Nov 23 11:25:45 GMT 2004

Hi Everyone!

Just a quick email to remind you all of what's going on this week in the Hiking Club, and also an exciting announcement!

This weekend we are going to Chedder Gorge for our weekend away, but I am afraid that there are no places left.  If you are coming, then please drop your bag off in the SUCs Computer Room, which is at the bottom of Union House, off the road between Union House and Fulton House between 1pm and 4pm on Friday.  Chris should be there to collect your bag, and look after it.  We will be leaving at 5pm please arrive on time, so we can leave as early as possible.  You will need to bring all your food for the weekend, (2 breakfasts, 1 evening meal and 2 packed lunches) as well as any money for the pub (which is is right next to where we are staying!)  The pub serves food, with the average price being about £6 for a main course.  If you want to cook in the barn, there is an oven and gas hobs, as well as a microwave and a toaster (we're really spoiling you this time!)  Any other questions, then please email info at uwshiking.org.uk

You can still buy your Christmas Dinner ticket in JCs between 12.30pm and 1.30pm on Wednesday. The price is £17.50 for members, £20 for non-members

The t-shirt competition closes on Monday 29th November, currently there has only been one entry, so if you have an idea, then hand it to a committee member or email it to Chair at uwshiking.org.uk by 12pm on Monday.

Finally the exciting news! The committee are going to hold a termly photo competition for club members.  The photo must be taken on a club walk, and be emailed to Chair at uwshiking.org.uk, with your name and the walk on which it was taken.  The prize will be a free Sunday walk.
For this term's competition, the closing date will be Friday 3rd December, and the winner will be announced at the Christmas Dinner. So, get shooting!

See you all soon,

George