Precelli Hills and Bowling

uwshiking uwshiking at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Oct 4 18:20:46 BST 2004

Hello again!

Hope the weather over the weekend hasn't put you all off hiking forever! Looking out the window today it seems to be improving slightly! So, what have we got for you this week?

This Sunday October 10th we're off to Pembrokeshire, to the Precelli Hills. This is a fantastic B graded walk over open moorland, with stunning views and some fab rock formations into the bargain. This walk costs £4.50 (as its a little further away than Gower!), and it's worth every penny! And finishes at the highest pub in Pembrokeshire, the Tafarnsinc Tavern, one of the most unique pubs we'll visit this year! Sign ups this week as usual, 12.30 - 1.30 Wednesday to Friday.

Also, this Wednesday (October 6th) is your opportunity to show us your skills at Bowling, as we head down to the local bowling alley in Parc Tawe for a game or two. It should cost around £4.00 for students, for two games (so bring your student ID card), and we'll meet in Castle square by the fountains at 7.00pm.

Date for your diary: I know that Christmas and the end of term are a long way off, but we're a super organised lot, and our annual Christmas Dinner and Dance has been booked for Monday December 6th at the Oxwich Bay Hotel. This is a great way to round off the year, with a scrummy meal and disco, and coach travel there and back included too! More details will follow, so keep a look out, but for now, keep that date free!

Before I go, just a note about kit for walks. We don't want to lecture you, but jeans and trainers are NOT ALLOWED on walks!!! Anyone wearing either will not be allowed to walk and your MPF's will not be refunded. You also need full waterproofs- that's jacket AND trousers- for each walk. This isn't just because we're mean, it's for your comfort and safety, and that of others.

Ok, that's enough ranting for now. Any queries about anything, check out the website at uwshiking.org.uk or our club notice board downstairs in Fulton House, or email info at uwshiking.org.uk.

Have fun
Sarah :)