[Hiking] Christmas Dinner, Offa's Dyke and T-shirt Design Competition

Chris Jones hiking at sucs.org
Wed Nov 30 00:01:40 GMT 2005

Mmmm Cider :)

I hope everyone is managing to get the work done, and at the same
time managing to enjoy your selves, and what better way to spend your
spare time (anyone spot where I'm going with this?) than on one of
our fabulous walks... or for that matter the Christmas Dinner!

The Christmas Dinner is the highlight of the club social calendar for
this term, and takes place on Monday December 12th. Tickets will be
on sale this week at sign ups, and at all club events. Ticket price
is £21, which includes coach travel to and from the hotel, full three-
course meal (including a free glass of wine!) and a super-cheesy
disco to round off the evening!
We NEED to know numbers by the end of the week, so if you fancy
coming, make sure you pop along to a sign up and put your name down!

This Sundays walk gives you the opportunity to Walk part of Offa's
Dyke, the boundary between England and Wales. This path stretches 150
miles but we'll take in only its best offering, with both ridge
walking and the chance to visit the remains of Llanthony Priory on
the valley floor.
The walk is Grade B and will cost £3.50

Finally its your last chance to get a design in for the T-shirt
Competition, for which the closing date is noon on Monday December
5th. If you fancy getting your design on peoples backs, or just like
the sound of a free T-shirt, get your pencils out! We need a A4 sized
design for the the back, and 10 x 10cm logo for the front, the design
must include "Swansea University Hiking Club 2005/6" somewhere, so us
older members don't forget what year it was from.
If your stuck for inspiration take a look at past years designs.

--
Chris Jones, Hiking Club Chairman
http://www.uwshiking.org.uk