[Hiking] Shropshire Sign Up & Rhossili Down Night Hike, AU Elections and The AGM

Chris Jones hiking at sucs.org
Tue Feb 14 11:37:52 GMT 2006

Hi all

This weekend is the first weekend away of the term, to Shropshire,
with the delights of the Long Mynd and the beautiful carding mill
valley more in store! This is a B graded weekend, and will cost £30.
We're staying in a youth hostel, so you won't need sleeping bags, and
we can promise proper beds!!!
Full details will be given at the sign up, which is tomorrow,
(Wednesday15th) in JC's at 6.00pm. Come along to book your place and
find out what to bring, and what we're going to get up to! To secure
a place you will have to pay on the night, so bring some cash too!!!

Straight after the Shropshire sign up is the Rhossili Downs night
hike. We'll be leaving about 6.30pm from JC's. The walk starts from
Rhossili we'll head up-to the highest point on Gower, and then return
to the pub/minibus along the beach.

The AU elections are taking place this Thursday, and you've probably
seen the candidates posters around, making the place look untidy. I
would urge you to vote for who ever you think will do a good job, and
to take into account that the Hiking Club despite its relatively
large membership is considered a minority sport.

Finally there is just two weeks until our AGM (on the 28th February).
This is when the present committee stand down <sob!> and we welcome a
new bunch of enthusiastic and committed people to lead the club for
the next year!!! Think you might want to get involved? Well have a
chat to a member of the current committee and get your nomination in.
If you're going to be around till next February then you can stand,
its as simple as that. Who knows, soon YOU could be writing these
emails!!! If you don't think thats your cup of tea, then come along
anyway and support those who do. The committee is responsible for
running the club for the next year, so make sure you have your say in
what goes on.

That's all for now folks!

Chris :)