[Hiking] Shropshire Weekend Away

Chris Jones hiking at sucs.org
Thu Feb 16 13:35:27 GMT 2006

If anyone wants to come, and didn't make it to sign up yesterday, get
in touch, because there are still spaces!

Message from Joey..
STAR are organising a fundraiser in Monkey for local refugee
charities Asylum Justice and Swansea Bay Asylum Seeker Support Group.
There will be over 6 live acts, including Bev Blackburn on guitar,
band Dog Days, 5 DJs, African and Native American Dance, poetry, and
me on the didgeridoo. The event is in memory of Ben Lockwood, who
founded Swansea STAR and died in December. It starts at 8:00 and is
£3 entry.

For anyone coming this weekend.

Meet at the minibus bays between Fulton house and the union building
at 5pm, bags can be dropped off in the SUCS room between 1pm and 2pm
(Map at http://sucs.org/services/room.php)

Things you need!
* Plenty of warm layers
* Food : Enough for all your meals between Friday evening and Sunday
Lunchtime.
Friday evening we will be stopping at a Little Chef / Burger King, so
you can buy food then, and Saturday lunchtime we will probably be
Church Stretton where you can buy food.
If you want to cook, there is a fully equipped kitchen with just
about everything you might want.
* Cash, whilst you might find a cash point in Church Stretton, don't
rely on it! You don't want to be stuck without money for the pub now
do you? :)
* Wash stuff, anything you need to make yourself feel human.
* Boots, Waterproof, Layers, all the normal things you bring on a hike!
* Change of clothes for Sunday!

As always, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to get in touch!

--
Chris Jones, Hiking Club Chairman
http://www.uwshiking.org.uk