[Hiking] Re; Glamorgan Heritage coast and our BEST mile!!!

Jack Jones publicity at uwshiking.org.uk
Mon Apr 23 12:49:17 BST 2007

Hello Hikers,

Welcome back from all the commitee and hope you all had a nice break.

SUNDAYS WALK;

Where? - Glamorgan Heritage Coast
When? - ****SUN 29TH APRIL**** (NOT 6TH MAY)

Grade B1; Cost? £3.50

A beautiful stretch of coast between Cardiff and Swansea. Impressive cliff
formations and beautiful views. A walk to remember. You may even find a
fossil!

WEDNESDAYS SOCIAL;

What? - Mumbles by twilight
When? - Wednesday 25th April

Meet - JC'S 7:30pm

An easy going exploration of the 'Mumbles Mile' with drinks in the
remaining pubs
Non-members are welcome at all social events.

Sign ups are still Wednesdays and Fridays from 12:30 to 1:30 in JC's.
Sign up this week for next weeks trangia ready steady cook social. A
charge of £1 will be needed from each person to cover the cost of food,
which will be provided along with the trangias by the commitee. This will
take place on the beach opposite the university. Bring your own cooking
utensils and cutlery. The plan is that teams of three will be provided
with a set amount of ingredients and will have to cook a meal on a camping
stove. It will be lots of fun.

Just a reminder that jeans are not acceptable on any of our walks (very
uncomfortable when wet!!)and that waterproof trousers are still needed.

Jack Jones.

http://www.uwshiking.org.uk