[Hiking] Welcome and Rhinogs

HERRIDGE A.J. (360738) A.J.HERRIDGE.360738 at swansea.ac.uk
Thu Feb 22 15:26:57 GMT 2007

Hello Hikers!

This is my first email to you as club chairman. Thank You to everyone who voted for me! I hope that I can live up to your expectations :-)

Next weekend (Friday 2nd -> Sunday 4th March) is our trip to the Rhinogs. This is rated B,3 and is the hardest weekend we do - this also means that it is the most satisfying! The walks are yet to be decided, but they will encompass spectacular scenery and rugged mountains. We will be signing up for the weekend this Friday and Wednesday, but please be aware that places are quite limited! We will be staying in a recently refurbished bunkhouse in a nice valley location. Details of kit will be circulated during the middle of next week - but there won't be anything out of the ordinary.

The Rhinogs lie in the south of Snowdonia (just north of Dolgellau) and are the less touristy part of the national Park. http://www.uwshiking.org.uk/walks/snowdonia <http://www.uwshiking.org.uk/walks/snowdonia>  For more information

Any problems or suggestions, feel free to email me or catch me at a sign up!

I hope to see as many of you as possible on Sunday (don't forget money for your luch!)

Alex Herridge