[Hiking] sunday walk and wind street social

Andrew Sprules publicity at uwshiking.org.uk
Tue Jan 30 13:51:26 GMT 2007

Hello hikers

Hope you're all having a very good week of lectures and hope you had fun
on last Sunday's walk!

This Sunday's walk takes us to Chepstow from where we walk to Tintern Abbey.
Cost: £4
Grade: A1
Sign-up: JCs Wednesday and Friday 12:30 - 1:30pm
This is a nice gentle walk along the Welsh - English border on the River
Wye. We walk along the ridge (offering good views of England), ending at
the historical Tintern Abbey. If you want to visit England, just remember
to visit the toilet at the pub!

Remember there is a weekend trip to Shropshire the following weekend, more
details will follow. Sign-up for this will be with the traditional Sunday
walk sign-ups, approximate cost £35.

The social this Wednesday is an A-Z of Wind Street! We meet in Yates for
8pm, from where we drink a drink for each letter of the alphabet around
the various places of Wind Street ending up in Time for AU night which is
also toga themed. Do come along, it is a laugh even if you are there only
to watch those who are doing the drinking!  It is recommended that you
probably don't start your drinking with Absynth!

Hope to see you all there!

Have fun

Andrew
http://www.uwshiking.org.uk