[Hiking] Welcome and AU Sign up for 2007/2008

HERRIDGE A.J. (360738) A.J.HERRIDGE.360738 at swansea.ac.uk
Wed Sep 19 19:37:20 BST 2007

Hi everyone,

AU sign up is changing from this year. In it's infinite wisdom, the AU is making everyone sign up online... For existing students this shouldn't be too difficult - In all honesty it should work fine. Basically you apply online and then print off the confirmation email (not the webpage) and then go and collect your AU card from Fresher's Fair. You can  pay online or in person upon collection and you should upload a passport size photo to the website upon application (not essential, but pereferred) AND take a passport photo for your actual card. You are NOT considered an AU member until you have picked up your card.

http://www.suau.co.uk/news/index.php?page=article&news_id=4984  This link explains why and how the new system will work. AU membership can be sought here http://www.suau.co.uk/membership

I hope this is clear to everyone! Any queries I would suggest the AU website, then the AU itself. There is a thread on the message board if anyone has any thoughts! Which also chronicles our discussions with the AU - They seem to ahve thought this one through!

I hope you've all had a great summer!

Alex

P.s. Sorry for those of you not still at Swansea who are receiving this. The committee hopes it (whatever that may be in your particualr case) is going well anyway!