[Hiking] Welcome Hikers

Hiking Club info at uwshiking.org.uk
Fri Sep 25 16:47:07 BST 2009

Hi everyone,

Welcome to Swansea University Hiking Club. If you haven't joined us yet
you still can. You can join the club on Sunday's walk (read the conditions
below!), come to any of our sign ups on Wednesdays/Fridays 12.30-1.30pm in
JC's quiet side, or you can attend our social next Tuesday (read on).

If you are a member of the AU and want to join the club on our walk or
just haven't signed up to the walk yet reply to this email and let us
know. If you turn up anyway there may be space for you but we can't
guarantee it. Either way you must have your AU card to go on the coach.
Membership costs £10 and the walk costs £5.

Our pickups are:
9.00am Uplands (bus stop outside the Spar shop)
9.05am Student Village (bus stop outside the student village by the
footbridge)
9.15am University outside Fulton House

Next walk: Three Cliffs Bay
Our next walk is Three Cliffs Bay this Sunday (27th September). We are
starting off with a fairly straightforward walk on a beautiful part of the
Gower Peninsula.
There is more information in the "Next walk" box at the bottom of our
homepage and a link to the gallery where you can view photographs from
previous walks.
http://www.hiking.org.uk/

Our walks calendar for the year is also on the website, but the social
calendar hasn't as of yet hasn't been updated so watch your emails.
If you have any questions about where we are going or what to bring please

Next social: Hat Party (Start of Term Drinks)
Tuesday 29th September
This is a chance to meet up with other hikers in a non-hiking environment.
We will be meeting in JC's (Fulton House), the side with the sofas at 7pm.
We want you to wear an unusual hat with prizes for the best. Oh and this
hat party is Paul's idea (vice chair) who has a wide selection of hats he
sports on our walks.

The social after that will be an equipment trip; an opportunatey to get
the last of your hiking gear before our rules come into effect. After the
first two walks, no jeans or other heavy trousers are allowed and you need
to wear hiking boots with good grip and ankle support.

Hope you have a great year at Swansea and enjoy your time hiking with us.
If you have any questions get in touch.

Hope to see you on Sunday or in the future :)
Katherine,
Chairman

Signups Wednesday 12:30-1:30
        Friday 12:30-1:30