[Hiking] Camarthanshire hike and Shropshire weekend away

Chris Laidler chrislaidler at hotmail.co.uk
Tue Jan 25 09:46:54 GMT 2011

Hello!

Our first proper hike of term is this Sunday 30th, we're going to Camarthanshire for a new walk through forest and gentle rolling hills. This walk will cost £5.

Our first weekend away is to Shropshire between 11th and 13th of February, this will a weekend trip to a beautiful region of England for a varied weekend of walks in the hills and valleys of Shropshire, including walks in the beatiful hills such as the Long Mynd and river walks along the banks of the Severn. For the Severn valley walk we may make use of a steam railway to return to the start of the walk.
We'll be staying near the market town of Bishops castle in this bunkhouse http://www.virtual-shropshire.co.uk/lower-broughton-farm/bunkhouse.html. We will also visit the three tuns pub - a pub and brewery dating back to 1642 that still sells it own home brew. Cost of this weekend will be £35 and you can secure your place with a £20 deposit. Please note that places on this trip are strictly limited so get your name on the list ASAP!!.

If you would like to come to either of these then come and find us in the coffee side of JCs between 12.30 and 1.30pm on Wednesday or Friday to add your name ot the walk list. Persuade a freind to join the club and come on a hike and you will be able to come on the same hike for free!! (or have £5 off a weekend trip)

Next week our first social will be on Wednesday the 2nd February when we'll be heading to Windstreet for a drink or two. This social will be entitled the A- Z of Windstreet, more details to follow later...!

In last weeks email I forgot to mention the second date for your diary which is the Rhinogs (south Snowdonia) weekend away. This will be the 4th - 6th March. Also we will email you all next week with exciting news of a two week trip to Scotland including the Cairngorm mountains, the Isle of Skye and the Assynt Geopark. This trip was orignally meant to be at Easter but (provisionally) will now be 18th June - 2nd July.

Chris :)