[SUMC] First Day Trip to the Gower!

SUMC Committee sumc at sumc.org.uk
Tue Oct 9 15:01:29 BST 2012

Dear Beautiful SUMC Members,

This Saturday is our first outdoor day trip! We will be heading out to Fall
Bay near Rhossili for some top-roped climbing on the limestone sea cliffs
there, and setting up an abseil through the top of Giant's Cave down to the
beach (see pics on SUMC's fb page). This has been a really great trip in
the past and is a brilliant introduction to climbing outdoors. The trip
will last all day from about 8am to about 6pm and will cost roughly £6, but
details (including more precise times and kit list) will be sent to those
signed up on Friday. Sign up will open tomorrow (10th October) at 10:00am.
Oh, and we'll be going straight over to Pub on the Pond afterwards to get
some good, hot food!

If you want to come out to the Gower (or on any outdoor trip for that
matter) with us you will have to create an account on our website,
www.sumc.org.uk. From the homepage, click on "Crag Chat" at the top, then
on "Register". Follow the instructions and, if possible, put your uni
e-mail address in the "e-mail" box. Once you've signed up, log in to your
account and go to the "Events" section of the website. You will see a list
of events for this semester. Find "Day trip to Fall Bay" and click on the
"Sign Up" button on the right. When you sign up, you will be asked to state
what gear you need. You will need a harness, shoes, a belay plate and a
helmet, so please tick the relevant boxes. If you do not do this we will
assume you don't need any gear, so make sure you put the correct
information down!

Remember that our second Give it a Go! night is this Thursday so if you or
your friends want to give climbing a go, come down to the sports hall from
7-9pm. This session will cost £1.50, and you will need a Sport Swansea
membership to attend, although you do not need to have joined
Mountaineering.

If you have any questions, just give us an e-mail!

See you around,
Charlotte