[SUMC] Day Trip Tomorrow

SUMC Committee sumc at sumc.org.uk
Sat Oct 1 16:39:11 BST 2016

Hi Everyone

Hope you are all enjoying the freshers week and are looking forward to our
fun events coming up :-)

So tomorrow we have our first day trip to Fall Bay near Rhossili on the
Gower. This trip is mainly tailored to people new to the sport of climbing
so there will be a lot of top roping and nice easy climbs on the glorious
sea cliffs. There are also some more difficult climbs close by for those
who have climbed before so don't panic if you have climbed before and are
starting to think this is not the trip for me :-)

When and where do we meet?
The trip is being run from Fulton House on Singleton Campus at 10:00.

What do we bring?
We have a kit list on our website which can be found by using this link:
http://www.sumc.org.uk/resources/kit_list
Basically:
Sensible shoes and clothing, waterproofs, lunch and £5 for petrol
(We DO NOT want to see flip flops or jeans, the walk in to the crag is not
suitable for flip flops).

There will be a possibility of a walk around the area if enough people
would like to go for a bit of an adventure whilst other people are
climbing. There is also a chance of having a paddle if you are brave enough
to get in the water ;-)

We will be heading to Pub on the Pond to round off the day because after a
hard day of climbing you really don't want to go home and cook. Plus there
is an offer on for two meals for £8.99. The pub trip is optional but it
would be great to get to know you all better :-)

Get ready for fun in the sun!!!

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/s.u.m.c/ (@s.u.m.c)
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/swanseamountaineers/

Invoice Address:
Swansea University Students Union
c/o Swansea University Mountaineering Club