[SUMC] Events This Week

SUMC Committee sumc at sumc.org.uk
Mon Oct 3 11:48:56 BST 2016

Hi Everyone

It was awesome meeting you all on Thursday and Saturday, we really hope you
had lots of fun and are keen to climb again!

We have a few session this week that might interest you:

*Today (Monday) - Dynamic Rock Climbing Session: *
Come and meet us at 5:30pm by the cash points in Fulton House on Singleton
Campus and get the coach to Dynamic Rock our local climbing centre. We will
get get back to the Singleton Campus at approximately 10:30pm.
The trip costs £10 if you need training or £7.50 if you already know what
you are doing (you will need to take a test at DR before we can set you
loose on the walls though). Training sessions will be run as long as you
need them so even if you start at a later session there will be someone
available to teach so don't panic :-)
Club gear will be available if you don't already have your own.
YOU MUST BE A MEMBER OF SUMC TO GO ON THIS TRIP. If you haven't already
joined you can do so here:
https://www.swansea-union.co.uk/activities/club/SUMC/
We will be going to JCs for a post-climb pint once we return to the
Singleton Campus :-)

*Wednesday - Tight and Bright Social:*
Grab the brightest, most colourful and outrageously patterned leggings,
headbands and tight clothing that you can find to honour the spectacular
climbing gear worn by climbers in the 80s. It may sound a bit daunting, but
it's a great way to get to know one another and will be a great
introduction to the social side of the club.
The plan is to meet in JC's before heading to Wind Street via several of
the numerous pubs
Don't drink? Not a problem! Come along anyway as it is sure to be a great
night!

*Thursday - Climbing Taster Session:*
Our second climbing taster session is on this Thursday from 7-9pm at the
University Wall at the Sports Village. Come and meet us there or find one
of our committee members outside Fulton House from 6:45-7:15pm and we can
guide you over if you don't know where it is. This evening will involve
lots of fun and games and climbing too!
This is the final event available to those with Sports Swansea Membership
only, from this event onwards you must have SUMC membership.
We will be going to JCs for a post-climb pint once we return to the
Singleton Campus :-)

Hope to see you all soon :-)

Zara

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/s.u.m.c/ (@s.u.m.c)
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/swanseamountaineers/

Invoice Address:
Swansea University Students Union
c/o Swansea University Mountaineering Club