[mw-devel] CVS Update at silver.sucs.org: mw

Chris McKenna cmckenna at sucs.org
Tue Dec 14 01:50:34 GMT 2004

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004, Peter Berry wrote:

> 	How about for firefury... "non rage" (english->korean->english)
> 	or "the fire is angry" (english->chinese->english on google)?

I want to keep this to babelfish (bable.altavista.com) not others, for
consistency. If you can repeat "the fire is angry" on there then that one.

I noticed in one of finnw's tests that the "^I$","spirit of I" conversion
was returning "SPIRIT OF I" (presumably as its just preserving the case of
the original). If there is a way to set this one to use lowercase as above
always, then can someone implement it (with a comment).

When someone has time, we could run through some common abbreviations for
peoples names as well, e.g. ff <firefury>, sf <stringfellow>, cmc
<cmckenna>, art <arthur>, wb <Welshbyte>, vort <vortex>, etc. (Dom
<psycodom> already translates to "cathederal").
Don't do anything offensive, and if someone asks for one related to them
to be removed, do it (unless its spurious), an example is Manic does NOT
want his username translating to "maniac".

--
Chris 'Awkward' McKenna

cmckenna at sucs.org
www.sucs.org/~cmckenna