[Pybackpack] pybackpack thoughts and future

Andrew Price andy at andrewprice.me.uk
Thu Aug 23 03:12:18 BST 2007

On 22/08/07 14:51, seth vidal wrote:
> So pybackpack would definitely need a backup-set abstraction that
> doesn't include the rdiff-interface.

It's been on my lengthy todo list for a while, but now's a good time...

I've made a start on this by committing backupsets.py to svn. In this
module, the classes BackupSet and BackupSets are defined so the
following code now "works":

import backupsets
backups = backupsets.BackupSets("/home/andy/.pybackpack")
for backup in backups:
    print backup.name
    print backup.files_include
    print backup.files_exclude
    print backup.desc
    backup.files_include.append('/some/file/I/want')
    backup.write()

I'll make this less buggy and start using it in the other modules soon.
Time for bed now :)

Cheers

--
Andy Price