[Pybackpack] pybackpack thoughts and future

Andrew Price andy at andrewprice.me.uk
Thu Aug 23 14:31:30 BST 2007

On 23/08/07 05:36, seth vidal wrote:
> What other modules are you planning on putting together? I might be able
> to help.

Well there's plenty of work to be done. Some of my pet itches to scratch
are:

- GUI redesign (currently ongoing in branches/newgui) for accessibility
  and HIG compliance, removal of GNOME-specific widgets
- Ability to run from the commandline or cron
  (e.g. pybackpack --nogui --backup mybackupset)
- General code cleanup, better use of objects and decoupling
- Abstractions and "plugin" APIs for backup/restore functions
- Improve configurability

You're welcome to help out on any aspect you might be interested in (not
limited to the above list). Our goals seem to be similar and I've not
set any solutions in stone so it's a free canvas really.

--
Andy Price
http://andrewprice.me.uk