[Pybackpack] New GUI ideas - feedback welcome

Andrew Price andy at andrewprice.me.uk
Tue Dec 18 21:22:24 GMT 2007

Hi folks,

The University has suspended my sentence for the Christmas period and
I've actually had some time to write code over the last few days. I've
started to redo pybackpack's user interface in the 'newgui2' branch and
at the moment the new backup set editor[0][1] is mostly functional plus
I've put together a prototype display for the main window[2].

Screenshots:

[0] http://andrewprice.me.uk/img/pbp/seteditor2-display.png
[1] http://andrewprice.me.uk/img/pbp/seteditor2-files.png
[2] http://andrewprice.me.uk/img/pbp/newgui-backup.png

Feedback on my design choices would be most welcome.

I've tried to keep it simple, intuitive and uncluttered and hopefully
it's a little more HIG-compliant than the current GUI. Also I've decided
to decouple backup destinations from backup sets for a bit more
flexibility. A lot of back-end craziness is being fixed along the way too.

You can to grab the newgui2 branch and have a play with it ('python
testse.py' works) but it's very early days yet, so if it eats your
kittens or launches anti-aircraft missiles at Santa, don't complain to
me :-)

Have a great winterval

--
Andy Price