[Swansea University RAG] RAG Charities 2009 - 2010

Swansea RAG swansearag at hotmail.co.uk
Wed Oct 7 01:31:26 BST 2009

Hey everyone

After the selection night on Monday I can reveal that this years RAG core charities are:

Marie Curie Cancer Care
The Meningitis Trust
Water Aid
FSID – Foundation for the study of infant death
RNLI Mumbles
The MS Society
Parkinson’s Disease Society
Shelter Box
Snehalya – the home with love
Alzheimer’s Society
The Anthony Nolan Trust
Action for Children
The Wales Air Ambulance
Sparks
Macmillan Cancer Support
Winston’s Wish
SOS Africa
Discovery SVS
Barnardos
RNIB

The money we raise from our RAG events this year will be split between these 20 charities at the end of the year.

I can also reveal that our two new committee members are:

 - Secretary: Lauren Walton

 - Treasurer: Luke Crothers

Finally, tonight (wednesday) we are having an information meeting for RAG reps and people interested in the RAG events, publicity, finance and raids sub-committees. We are meeting at 6pm at the front of Fulton House.

We also need volunteers to promote RAVE and GIVE, email back if you want to help out with when your free. And remember to buy you tickets in advance from RAG. All advance ticket money goes to RAG, all door money will go to ents (ie not to charity ). Catch us on campus, see a RAG rep, or email/facebook to get tickets. Drag your housemates/friends/enemies along and raise some money for charity .

So thats RAVE AND GIVE @Glow, Saturday 10th October in DIVAS 9pm - 2am

Thanks

James

President

Swansea University RAG - Raising and Giving

RAG is the only dedicated fundraising society at Swansea Uniersity. Last year we raised over £16,000 for charity.

For more information email swansearag at hotmail.co.uk or visit www.swasea-union.co.uk/rag

Swansea University RAG
c/o Swansea University Studets' Union
Union House