[RAG] RAG Update - RaggieBowl, RAG Week and Raids

Swansea RAG swansearag at hotmail.co.uk
Sun Feb 6 22:28:08 GMT 2011

Good evening Raggies :D

We hope you’re all recovered from Christmas, exams and Refreshers. Last term was a great one for RAG and are looking forward to all our exciting events this term.

RaggieBowl (the 10 Pin kind, not American Football :P) = Wednesday 9th February
Yes, it’s social time, and it’s BOWLING! We will meet at Ten Pin 10, in the Park Tawe outlet at 6pm on Wednesday 9th February (that’s this Wednesday). If you are unsure where Ten Pin is, reply to this email and we’ll arrange to meet you first.

Bowling is £6.50 for an unlimited session!

You can buy food at Ten Pin, or if enough of us fancy it, we’ll head to Wind Street for food afterwards.

See you at 6pm Wednesday :D

RAG WEEK!
RAG Week is the biggest week in the RAG year, and it’s coming up really soon. RAG Week begins on Monday 14th February and the whole week is full of events that aim to raise as much money as possible, all for charity.

Here is a breakdown of the week:
Monday 14th February Daytime = Gnoming (with a Valentine’s twist), a cake sale and a raffle
Monday 14th February Evening = Speed-dating 6pm in Divas and Censored at Oceana

Tuesday 15th February Daytime = Gnoming Revenge
Tuesday 15th February Evening = 7pm Lecturer/Student Pub Quiz

Thursday 17th February Daytime = Amnestea and a raffle
Thursday 17th February Evening = 7pm Date Auction in Divas

Friday 18th February Daytime = 4pm Open Mic in JC’s
Friday 18th February Evening = Rave ‘n’ Give at Tooters

We’ll keep you updated on any additions, plus keep your eyes peeled for our plan for Saturday 19th :D

Hope to see you all there for what is sure to be a phenomenal RAG Week J

Upcoming RAG Raids
YOUR RAG NEEDS YOU!

We have several RAG Raids coming up in the near future. A raid, is a street collection which involves volunteers taking to the streets of towns and cities and ‘shaking a bucket.’ Raid’s are a great opportunity to meet new people from Swansea RAG and other RAG’s from across the country and are a really good addition to your CV. RAG Raids can make a huge amount for charity so don’t miss out!

Thursday 24th February London Mega-raid (this will most likely involve spending a night in London)
Friday 4th March Swansea Women’s Aid Raid
Saturday 5th March Swansea Barnado’s Raid
Saturday 26th March Swansea VSO Raid

If you are available, and want to attend any of the Raids then please email us as soon as you can so we can arrange teams.