[RAG] RAGAGM :) = IMPORTANT, change in venue

Swansea RAG swansearag at hotmail.co.uk
Mon Jun 6 17:31:20 BST 2011

Afternoon RAGgies :D

Just a quick reminder that our AGM is tomorrow, and there has been a CHANGE IN VENUE. Our AGM is Tuesday 7th June at 5.30PM in Lecture Room 1, Fulton House. We apologise for any inconvenience caused by this change.

If you wish to run for a position, it isn't too late, just send in your manifesto by 9pm tonight OR see one of the committee tomorrow before the AGM.

Here is a list of all the positions:

President - the head of the committee, the President is responsible for leading the committee and ensuring the aims of the society are met. It is an executive postion.

Vice President - works with the President to make sure the aims are met, and helps the President in any task he/she asks.

Secretary - responsible for communicating with the committee and the members, taking minutes and managing the email account.

Treasurer - responsible for keeping the accounts in check and making sure money is spent wisely in the society.

Beer Race Organiser - works through the Summer and the first term to organise our biggest event, the Beer Race. Must be a good communicator and able to work with outside companies.

Events Organiser - works with our committee to come up with events and then run them. Should be creative and enthusiastic.

Publicity/RAG Mag - works with our SU designer to promote the events and also works on RAG publicity to ensure students know about the society and its' work.

Social Secretary - organises fun nights for our committee and the members to get to know each other.

There's also scope for helpers with the Beer Race for anyone wanting to gain some experience before running next year. If anyone is interested in this, please come along to the meeting and have a chat with us.

So don't forget. Tuesday 7th June 5.30pm in Lecture room 1.

Thank you all for a fabulous year and we look forward to seeing you tomorrow.

Swansea University RAG – Raise and Give

c/o Swansea University Students' Union
Union House
Swansea University

During the 2009-2010 academic term we raised over £28,000 for our charities.