[SUCS Devel] Idea for use of society.swan.ac.uk website

Chris Jones rollercow at sucs.org
Fri Jul 6 11:35:51 BST 2007

Both the AU and SU now have there own club/society listings

SU - http://www.swansea-union.co.uk/societies/index.php?
option=com_content&task=section&id=5&Itemid=32
AU - http://suau.co.uk/minisites/?cat_id=45

The SU listings effectively replace society.swan.ac.uk website making
much of its current content useless.

society.swan.ac.uk has got two things going for it however,

1) its linked from all over the place, especially the Uni web-site.
2) you'll find content on it when using the search box on
www.swan.ac.uk unlike the other two (try searching for hiking or
mountaineering for examples of clubs with big well established web-
sites you cant find anything useful about easily.)

oh... and it doesn't disappear every 6-months when the SU get bored
and change there web-site

Thus I propose that we redevelop society.swan.ac.uk to list ALL clubs
and societies (AU or SU) with a simple page for each which the group
in question can maintain, just a basic template which can be filled
out, with a couple of photos, some text and a couple of contact
details, name, email, phone for example and a link to the groups main
web-site (if they have one).

An idea project for anyone that wants to get involved with a fairly
simple database driven site.

What do people think?

Any volunteers?

--