[SUCS Devel] Door software

Graham Cole chckens at sucs.org
Sun Jul 29 20:28:45 BST 2007

On 29 Jul 2007, at 20:00, Chris Jones wrote:

> Given student cards no longer carry a magstripe, and the rfid cards
> dont
> carry a prodictible form it would be nice if we could let people
> provide a
> card number (for a clubcard or whatever) on the autosignup page.

Nice idea, but I think it would be hard to find types of card that a
reasonable number of new signups would possess. Also, I believe
frosty is fairly well geared up (when he obtains a PS2/USB
adapter :P) to record RFID numbers from people along with their
autosignup ID at Freshers'/Compsci Registration.

With only one RFID reader it won't be possible to gather this for
*everyone* upon signup, but certainly a decent majority. Others will
hopefully be able to get their cards registered in the room without
too much effort...

Life with the magstriped student cards was so much easier :-(

- Graham