[Hiking] Cheddar and LaserZone

BROWNLIE A.G. (293504) a.g.brownlie.293504 at swansea.ac.uk
Mon Nov 21 17:56:10 GMT 2005

Hi

Unfortunately you have to read an email from me this week.

Anway a few exciting things are happening this week, first there is the Cheddar Gorge sign for the trip this weekend. This is a lovely A grade walk in the famous mendip hills of somerset taking in spectular views of Cheddar Gorge and the surrounding area. There is also the chance to visit a local cider farm on the Saturday night and sample for FREE real somerset cider and then the chance to purchase some for a jolly good night back at the hut. The cost of this trip is a bargin £25 and sign up is at 6 in JC'S and due to limited places people need to attend. (See last Jan newsletter 2004/5 for details of last years trip)

After the sign up there is a club social at Laserzone which will cost £6 for two games (each game lasts about 25 mins) followed by a small trip down Wind Street much like the equiment trip night. People will be meeting at Walkabout which is at the top of Wind Street on the left hand side from 7.15 before Laserzone at 8. Hopefully most of you will be coming from the Chedder sign up, but if you just want to go to laserzone look out for Young Chris. Also i lay down the challenge for people to try and beat me and mark who a very confident of winning due to the lack of Grandad and George.

I've been asked to tell people that they need to come to sign ups as the club are now starting to book mini coaches and if you turn up on the day, you may not be able to walk.

Also remember to buy your Christmas Dinner tickets at sign up, tghis is going to cost £21 and is at the Oxwich Hotel and this prices includes Transport and a glass of wine. This is taking place on the last monday of term.

Finally the t-shirt comp is still open, hand in designs to me or Chris and the winner will get a free t-shirt.

Anyway hope to see you all tomorrow either at the sign up or at laserzone

Alan

P.s. if people have any problems about tomorrow please ring me on 07841408214