[Hiking] Peak Disterict Weekend Away & Round the World Pub Crawl

Chris Jones rollercow at sucs.org
Tue Oct 18 09:43:22 BST 2005

Hi guys, me again!

As anyone who did Pen Y Fan with us on Sunday will know, we managed
to get good weather for a third week in a row! The spectaular views
only slightly hindered by haze.

This weekend we are off to the Peak District, to bog surf on kinder
scout! The trip will leave on Friday evening and return on Sunday
evening. If you fancy coming on our first weekend away of the year
there is a special signup in JC's tonight(18th) at 6pm. Cost £25
(includes transport and accommodation). Places are limited, and will
be given of a first come, first served basis, to get in early!
If anyone wanting to go can provide there own transport, we would
love to hear from you!

After the Peak District sign up, we'll be heading down to mumbles for
the Round the World Pub Crawl, our unique take on the mumbles mile.
For one night, each pub becomes a country, and at each we'll sample a
tipple from that country! So, Guinness for Ireland, Vodka for Russia,
and, if your stomach can stand it, a Mexican Tequila to round off the
evening! Up for the challenge? Then make your way down to the White
Rose for 7.30pm tonight (18th). or meander down there with us after
the sign up!

And finally its nearly time for the club to elect two first year
reps, If its your first year in the club, and you fancy getting more
involved, or finding out how the club is run this is your chance! As
a first year rep all you have to do is turn up to our weekly
meetings, you can do more but there is no pressure! You don't even
have to be a fresher to be a first year rep, just in your first year
with the club.
If you want to know more about being a first year rep email me, ask
at signup or on a walk.

As always if you have any questions or comments just email us, or ask!

Hope to see you all soon!

Chris :)

--
Chris Jones, Hiking Club Chairman